Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sweet card

Today I received a sweet card from Virgil and Rosa Lee Swafford. Their son Troy was one of Tony's basketball players in Wellston. Troy died summer before last of cancer. The card was full of hope and peace that we will again see our sons again in heaven. This gives me such encouragement that I may be able to offer condolences to grieving parents in the future. Now the pain is too fresh, but later maybe I can help others who are suffering the greatest loss. I'm jealous of the Swaffords; Troy had three sons who will give the family joy for the remainder of their lives. A part of me wishes Jason had had children, but the other part of me couldn't imagine comforting hurting grandchildren and explaining such a horrible tragedy to them.

1 comment:

beckytyler said...

Deb-you are already helping others with this ministry and yes, it is a ministry. Our dear friends just lost their 14 y/o son tonight and Chris is sending them this journal in hopes that they find comfort in your writing. I don't know when they will open it, but your words will help them I'm sure when God determines the time for them to read your words. We truly have an awesome God. Love ya, Becky