Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm grading a paper mountain today.

I have a paper mountain that I have to have graded and recorded this week. I was too tired last night to get out my trusty green pen, (red hurts the students' self esteem). Today I will begin to
tackle that task. Life does go on. I am reading a little book called Good Grief. It's the kind a funeral home might give out. I bought it years ago when Mamma or Phyllis died, I passed it on to a friend to give to her mother when her dad died. At some time last year she brought it back to me. I put it with the "pretty" books on the shelf above by desk and forgot about it. Yesterday I saw it again and began reading it. It begins with telling the grieving person to keep busy, don't just sit and think. Being busy helps physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I don't have to worry about that; I am a busy woman. Pray for Tony that he will find something to occupy his time other than football games. I know he loves them, but it can't be good for him to watch every game that is on.
I just have to get through this week and three days next week, and I will have Fall Break. I think I can, I think I can.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just wanted you to know that you and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I drive by your house several times a day, and each time I pass I say a prayer for you. I ask that God continues to offer comfort and peace in your hearts. I am also praying for guidance for you in the days, weeks and months ahead. I read your blog daily and am amazed by the way you have chosen to deal with such tragedy and using this blog to minister to others (believe me you are) you truly are an inspiration to many!!
Continued thoughts and prayers
Lindsay (Stewart) Payne

Alanna said...

I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I have been reading your blogs daily. I could ramble on and on about how much I appreciate the courage and wisdom God has given you to be able to write such touching blogs. Instead, I just want you to know that you are an amazing woman. You have been an inspiration to me throughout the years by simply being who you are. Times from picking me up and taking by the donut shop before VBS to being such a caring mentor in high school will never be forgotten. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with dwindling down the paper mountain!
Respectfully,
Alanna Stark