Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally Friday

I made it through a very long week--Thank you all for your prayers. For the most part I accomplished everything I set out to do. I intended to go to the football game tonight, but when the pep assembly ended and I walked out to my car, I knew I couldn't continue to the parade and the football game.
I'm so blessed to have a husband that understands me. When I walked in the door, he took one look at me and suggested we go to Norman to eat, go to the mall to walk and come home to a quiet evening. When we got home, I worked on some of the plants that I hadn't brought into the house yet and started watching television for the first time in weeks. Cindy called and said she would come down and get the last thank you notes to get ready to send. I went into the living room to tell Tony that she was coming down, and he was listening to the football game with an old set of headphones with a radio in them. He had a piece of foil on the antennae, and I cracked up. He looked like he was communicating with aliens. Cindy walked in and laughed for several minutes. We had been working on the thank yous for several minutes when Brody, Cindy's grand-dog, saw Tony. This is a dog that doesn't bark or growl usually. He went nuts, barking, growling, bowing up, sitting up on his hind legs. It was the funniest sight I have seen in a long time. Cindy and I laughed at that silly dog and Tony until we were out of breath and hurting. It felt so good to laugh, really laugh--the kind of laughter that takes your breath away. Don't worry, we took pictures.

3 comments:

K. D. said...

I love it and that Brody or Cindy's Grand DOG is hilarious! Glad you had a great laugh!

janna said...

You are right it's not about us, it's about "THE LOST" and OU just "LOST", I hate TEXAS, pray for me. Janna

Ashley said...

Haha! Loved your blog from Friday...glad my "son" could make you laugh! :) And I can't wait to see the pics of Tony!