Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God's orchard

Colossians 1:3-5
The Message is as true among you today as when you first heard it. It doesn't diminish or weaken over time. It's the same all over the world. The Message bears fruit and gets larger and stronger, just as it has in you.

I want to bear fruit for God. I always thought bearing fruit meant you were leading people to Christ, and I felt like a complete failure. Now I realize that bearing fruit is exhibiting Christ-like responses to life. If we do not respond to life differently than people who do not know Christ, why would anyone want to follow us. Jason's death has been the ultimate challenge for me. I have a responsibility to Christ to respond in a Christ-like manner. What does that mean? I don't want anyone to think that I am ok with Jason's death. I'm not, but what are my options-- bitterness, sadness, hopelessness or acceptance with hope of heaven.

1 comment:

janna said...

Nobody is comenting much, just wanted you to know I'm still reading daily, as I'am sure others are too. Please continue writing. I know you say it helps you, but it also helps anyone who reads, I consider you my "DAILY BREAD" Thanks, Janna