Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How long do we wait?

Philippians 3:20-21

But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven. We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthly bodies in to glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.

My entire life I have heard that Jesus is coming, yet we're still here in this world--still struggling with the sin and consequences of sin. Selfishly, I want him to come now so that I can see my family who is in heaven, but I also have people whom I love dearly who have not accepted Christ's forgiveness, so like Jesus, I have to be longsuffering, patient. What a task.

No comments: