Thursday, October 16, 2008

Out of sync

If you have been following this blog, you may have realized that I have gotten into a pattern. I post a scripture with comments in the morning and my own thoughts in the evening. Today I didn't have to go to school, so I'm out of sync. First, for those of you who know that I haven't been sleeping this week, I slept last night. I went to bed by 11:00 last night, and I didn't wake up until 5:30 this morning. That's the longest I have slept in weeks. I watched television for a while and went back to sleep until 7:30--what an answer to prayer. Thank all of you who mention me in your prayers each day. I stayed busy all day--cleaning house, doing laundry, finalizing Jason's business at the bank, going to the tag office to take care of more of his business--will it ever end?
To finish my reading of Ephesians chapter 6 in The Message, I was encouraged by the passage.

God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.
And don't forget to pray for me. Pray that I'll know what to say and have the courage to say it at the right time, telling the mystery to one and all, the Message that I, jailbird preacher that I am, am responsible for getting out.

If Paul had to ask for prayer to know what to say and the courage to say it, I don't feel quite so bad about my own lack of courage.
I also know that I will continue to look into the scripture for hope and to pray for my family and friends who need Jesus.

No comments: