Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to the grind

I went to the school today to see what I would be facing tomorrow. I am so thankful for my friends. Last week's substitute left graded papers, so all I have to do is enter grades. We will finish our first semester this Friday, so I only have two days of new instruction before we have to review for our final. Most of this week we'll be reviewing what we have already done. I'm not going to lie; I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the coming week. I have a midterm in the class I'm taking on Thursday, have to make out two semester tests for my classes and grade the papers that are waiting for me at school. That would be a lot for me under any circumstances; add to it my distracted state. I guess what I am saying is, "Keep Praying," for me and my students. From looking at the papers, some of them didn't make wise choices and didn't do all their work, so now I will have to deal with that. I want to be fair to them while holding them accountable too. This won't be fun.
I planted mums in my flowerbeds this evening. I don't know if they will have enough time to establish roots before the first freeze--I hope so. I'm not sure how I will react when they come back next summer. It will certainly be evidence of the time lapsed.
I think that lately I have been thinking he is just in Nebraska. I can't wrap my mind around the idea of Jason not being on this earth. Intellectually, I know he is gone; emotionally, I can't face the reality. We are almost finished with thank you notes. We are still waiting on death certificates to finalize his business. What will I do then? Part of me wants to get it over with-part of me does not want to "check the last box" on the to do list. I'm rambling and boring myself because I need to go to bed so that I will be rested in the morning. Pray that I will sleep soundly.

No comments: