Sunday, December 21, 2008

Read the directions

II Timothy 3:14-17
Stick with what you learned and believed, sure of the integrity of your teachers--why, you took in the sacred Scriptures with your mother's milk. There's noting like the written Word of God for showing you the way to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. Every part of Scripture is God breathed and useful one way or another--showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.
How many times in my life have I attempted to do something without reading the directions? Too many to name. It is so frustrating to me when I finally give in and read the directions on something that I am trying to fix or put together and find out that I was making it harder than it was originally intended to be. The most troublesome things that come to mind are the times I have ignored the directions written by God in his Word. The problems that I have brought upon myself are too numerous to mention. I have made life too complicated because I have ignored the directions.
I am so blessed to have a SS class, a minister, and my natural curiosity that keeps me studying, reading, and learning. I wish I could say that I have always studied and followed God's Word, but I can't say that. What I can say is that I believe it to be true and that I know now that whatever I face, I can find comfort and encouragement in God's Directions.

No comments: