Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Get along with each other

II Thessalonians 3:16
May the Master of Peace himself give you the gift of getting along with each other at all times, in all ways. May the Master be truly among you.

I like the idea of calling Jesus the "Master of Peace." If only becoming a Christian would guarantee that people would get along with each other at all times, in all ways. We all know that that is not the way it works. I hate confrontation; I will avoid it at all cost, but that doesn't mean I always let the Master of Peace be in control. What I do is silently dwell on whatever is bothering me instead of confronting the person who is causing stress or anger in my life. That's probably not what Paul has in mind in this verse. I really want the Master of Peace to be among my family and friends so that we can live in harmony.
I am so thankful that I can look back on my relationship with Jason and say that we got along. We didn't always agree about everything; he was a Republican; I am more apt to vote Democratic, but I respected his views and he respected mine. I can honestly say that I have no regrets when it comes to our relationship. I loved him the way a mother loves her child, but the most important thing to me is that I liked him too. I liked spending time with him, talking to him, and I think he would have said the same thing about me. I hope so. All of the television shows have people in his age group making snide comments about mothers. I don't think he had negative thoughts about me because he used to tell me I would be like my mom when I got old. That was the ultimate complement.

1 comment:

K. D. said...

I was just thinking, Jason and I were talking one night and I told him about your story in AP English or that Speech class I took with you that one year. About how you wrote about him, and how he was a Cutting Horse trainer and so on. Now he acted all embarressed, but I knew he loved that you told stories on him. Well the non embarressing ones!