Monday, December 1, 2008

Christ's endurance

II Thessalonians 3:1-5
One more thing, friends. Pray for us. Pray that the Master's Word will simply take off and race throught the country to a groundswell of response, just as it did among you. And pray that we'll be rescued from these scoundrels who are trying to do us in. I'm finding that not all "believers" are believers. But the Master never lets us down. He'll stick by you and protect you from evil.
Because of the Master, we have great confidence in you. We know you're doing everything we told you and will continue doing it. May the Master take you by the hand and lead you along the path of God's love and Christ's endurance.

Would we recognize it if the Master took us by the hand and lead us along the path of God's love and Christ's endurance? Would we have to be pulled, or would we go along willingly? I'm afraid I would not accept His leading as quickly as I should. So many times in my life I have gone down my own path and ignored the leading of God. I even knew I was on the wrong path, but I was too headstrong to turn back and go the other way. It has taken years for me to finally realize that Jesus never lets me down. I can depend on the advice of scripture to put me on the right path. I have others whom I can usually depend on, but almost everyone I know has let me down in some way or another. However well-intentioned they may have been, circumstances have kept them from being where they said they would be when they said they would be there. God does not have to break promises because of circumstances.
Have things always worked out the way I wanted them to? No, they haven't, but I must trust that God knows what He is doing. People keep telling me that God sees the big picture, so I will trust Him.

No comments: