Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We're alive with Him

I Thessalonians 5:9-11
God didn't set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we're awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we're alive with him. So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you're already doing this; just keep on doing it.

I don't know why but I had such a fearful view of God when I was a child. I now see Him through the eyes of a parent. It was not until Jason was born that I began to imagine how much God loves us. My love for him was all-consuming, unconditional, and unending. I remember worrying when I was expecting Allison that I wouldn't have enough love for two children. Then she was born, and I fell immediately in love with her with plenty of love for Jason. Then Carson came along, and my love was not divided by three but tripled. Now Jason is in heaven, and my love for him hasn't diminished one bit. Because I want only wonderful things for my children, I realize how much God wants us to be saved. It is not an accident that He is called Father.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. I don't feel especially thankful right now, but I am going to try to count my blessings.
Today I received several calls, text messages, and emails from people who said that they were just thinking about us and wanted us to know that they will be praying for us tomorrow. I am truly blessed with wonderful friends and family. I know tomorrow will be rough, but as one email I received today stated, grief shared is grief divided. We have 20 coming for dinner, and most of them will be missing Jason too, so we will try our best to honor him with loving memories.

No comments: