Monday, November 3, 2008

Now live Him.

Colossians 2:6-7
My counsel for you is simple and straightforward; Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over with thanksgiving.

What an interesting way to state the obvious. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it. If we are going to be effective in winning the world to Christ, we have to put our faith into action. We can't remain behind closed doors in our churches while there is such great suffering outside the doors. So many Christians are afraid to enter the world and get their hands dirty. If our faith is so weak that we are afraid of being around those who do not share our faith, it is not much faith at all. Those of us who have been Christians for a long time know our way around the faith, but we haven't always lived it. We have to find a way to show the lost people in our world that following the teachings of Jesus is the best way to live our lives.
I am reading Traveling Light by Max Lucado. He has a clear, concise style that makes Christianity such an appealing way of life. Today I read the chapter about worry. To be honest I have been guilty of worrying in the past. One thing I have noticed since Jason's death is that I have quit worrying. I don't know if my mind doesn't have room for grief and worry or if I now know that my worrying did not add one moment to Jason's life, I just know that I haven't worried about anything. I guess we have to experience real tragedy to take our minds off the things in our lives that cause worry.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Thank you for continuing to challenge us in our walks.