Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Perspective

Colossians 3:1-2
So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ--that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.

I want to see things from Christ's perspective, but right now I'm looking at things through my eyes. Today is my birthday, and Jason is not here to wish me a Happy Birthday as he has for as long as I can remember. I knew it was coming, but I wasn't ready for the emotions it brought to light. My friends brought or sent me gifts and cards, brought lunch to school, Tony and I went to Outback, Janna, Allison, and Carson called, we celebrated Sunday, what more do I want? I want to hear from my son. I wonder how long this feeling of limbo will last? I can go about my business for hours without feeling that heaviness that grips my heart, but something will happen or I will see something or someone that will remind me of Jason, and I have to face reality one more time. It is too soon to expect anything different.

1 comment:

beckytyler said...

Happy Birthday Deb-You know, I want you to hear from Jason too. So I am just asking for the wonderful peace and hope that only God can give you right now at this time. I know that Jason is enjoying your birthday in Heaven at this time and he gets to celebrate it with the Creator of the Universe!! Because of God's love and Christ's sacrifice, Jason is saying Happy Birthday Mom. believe it - it's true. Sorry you have to share a birthday with election day ): Love, Becky