Monday, November 10, 2008

Pray for open doors

Colossians 4:2-4

Pray diligently. Stay alert, with your eyes wide open in gratitude. Don't forget to pray for us, that God will open doors for telling the mystery of Christ, even while I'm locked up in this jail. Pray that every time I open my mouth I'll be able to make Christ plain as day to them.

I've never been in jail, but I have been locked up--not physically but emotionally. The past weeks I have felt like I can't talk to anyone about serious matters because my emotions are so raw that I am afraid I will cry, so I just don't talk about the most important of all topics--I'm locked up in this jail.
I think what has to happen is that I have to let go of the fear of crying. The subject is too important to the people I love. I can't be afraid to talk to them. I used to pray daily for God to send people around my family members who could reach them, talk to them, share Jesus with them. I always felt that I had to be open to speak to the people I came in contact with because there might be someone praying that I would share my faith their family member.
I should be like Paul who was in a physical jail. He prayed for God to open doors; he even shared his faith with the jailer.
That may be the reason I have continued to write. This is safe for me; I can quit if it gets too hard; I don't have to worry about crying in front of others. I pray that God will use my words to reach someone who needs Jesus.

2 comments:

Katt said...

I know that you posted this last week but I an going to comment on it anyway...
Dont worry if you cry in public, I have done it before, more than once..I dont think anyone wants to cry infront of people but when you have to cry, you have to cry. You should just let it out and not worry about what other people think of you, Just cry if that is what you need to do, if that is what will make you feel better.

Humphrey said...

Thank you so much Kassi for two things-For reading my blog and for the Wisdom for the World book that you gave me last week. I have read several of the devotionals and have been comforted and uplifted by them. Again thank you.