Monday, August 31, 2009

God still answers prayer

I realized after I reread yesterday's post that it didn't sound like I prayed for my kids any longer. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I even still pray for Jason. Dumb, huh? I don't pray for him personally; he is in heaven with no problems, no worries, no pain, no suffering. What I pray for is that his influence will continue to impact his friends and family here in this broken place. His death must be good for something. I want his friends and family members to think seriously about their fate.
As I posted yesterday, Mr. Blue is in Korea getting treatment for lung cancer. According to today's post, he may be coming home to continue treatment in the U.S. What an answer to all of our prayers. If he comes home when the doctor mentioned he might, he will have spent six weeks in Korea. Six weeks of expense, treatment, side effects, etc. all to possibly add years to his life, to be in remission, to spend more years with his kids and grandsons. Worth every bit.
I'm very frustrated that an American citizen has to travel 17 hours to get treatment. I don't know why Dr. Moon's treatments are not available here, but I suspect that it is too controversial to pass all of our screenings. It is stem cell treatment, but it is not any different than the type that is also done here. His own stem cells are harvested which is the same type of treatment that Tiffany Whittington is getting at MD Anderson. All I know is that the Blues have witnessed several people leaving Korea with hope, hope for healing from Parkinson's, alzheimers, cancer, and some have left with bad news and have returned home to spend time with their families. Since Mr. Blue was given no hope by any doctors in the US, he really only had two choices--go to Korea, or stay home and die.
Apparently, when the Blues have to see Dr. Moon three months after they leave Korea, they can meet him in the Bahamas or Grand Cayman. At least it's not a 17 hour flight. I've been impressed with the number of people who read Mrs. Blue's blog, all praying for them and sending encouraging messages of hope to them. Mr. Blue is such a private man; I'm sure this public information about his illness is very uncomfortable for him, but he is holding up because God is with him. I will keep praying for him

No comments: