Sunday, August 9, 2009

Psalm 19:7-9

The revelation of God is whole
and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear
and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right,
showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain
and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four carat gold,
with a lifetime guarantee.
The Message

We had part of this scripture in our Sunday School lesson today and had a very applicable discussion about the truth of this passage. My friend Mary and I went to Tulsa Friday night to see Wicked. We had Mapquest maps, a Garmin, and roadsigns, but the road construction didn't allow us to follow those guides. We were anxious trying to figure out how to reach our destination. Then on the way home, we really didn't relax until we were on the turnpike that meant we knew exactly where we were going.
If we are Christ followers, we know exactly where we are going. Our final destination is heaven. We will lose our way occasionally; we will have roadblocks; we will be anxious, but we shouldn't because our final destination is clear.
My life has experienced so many wrong turns when I wasn't following God's roadmap, but he allowed me to turn around and find a different way. I also learned something from the wrong turns. I learned compassion for others who are lost; I learned that God is like Garmin, when you don't go the way he told you to go, He will give you another chance. He will show you how to reach you destination from where you are at that point. I love reading the truths of God in the Message.

No comments: