Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Something to think about

We all have difficult people in our lives, co-workers, neighbors, family members, the list goes on. Some of those difficult people are being prayed for by Christian family members. One of the prayers I pray for my unsaved family and friends is for God to place people in their paths that can witness to them. I don't mean verbally sit down and witness to them; I mean live before them like a Christ follower is supposed to live. I think about this often when I am facing a difficult person. They may have a relative or friend praying for ME to be the witness. If they are, God's Holy Spirit may be telling me to behave myself. How do I make sure I know who is observing me? I don't, so I have to treat everyone the way I am supposed to. How do I respond when I have a conflict with a difficult person? If I think about him or her as a soul bound for eternity, it alters my response.
The nucklehead causing problems for you may be the very nucklehead I am praying for; please don't undo the witness I have tried to be to them, and I will behave myself for the nucklehead you are praying for.

No comments: