Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deep water

Our sermon series this month has been about Diving Deep, going beyond the shallow water in pursuit of a relationship with God. I have learned a great deal about diving, but I've also learned about myself. I have been challenged to dig deeper in Bible study, in prayer, in connection to the Holy Spirit.
I wonder how many times in my Christian walk I have heard and accepted this type of challenge only to let it go after a time. I honestly can say that it has been too many to count.
It's about time for my SS class to choose a new topic of study. I've been reading a book about David, a character in the Bible I can totally relate to. David is described as a man after God's own heart, yet he did some awful things in his life. He is a character through which God can teach us of forgiveness. I love reading the Psalms when David is in despair because I've voiced those same words. I love reading when David is worshiping God through his poetry and song because I've been there too. I wonder how long it would take my SS class to do an in depth study of David. He certainly lived an eventful and exciting life.
I want to dive deep into this study. I want to clearly understand how to have God call me a woman after God's own heart.

No comments: