Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Henry Isaacs

Our friend Henry passed away this morning. He stepped out of this world of pain and into a world with no pain, no need for medicine, oxygen, hospitals.
I can't list all the ways our families are connected. His mother-in-law was my baby sitter. We attended church together. I went to school with his kids. His wife worked with my mother. His daughter Patty and wife Deannie were Jason's baby sitters from the time he was a tiny baby until he was 18 month old. His daughter Brenda carpooled with my sisters. His niece is now my closest friend in the world. Way too many connections to let his death go by without acknowledging his role in my life.
Henry and Deannie continued to keep up with Jason throughout his life. Every time I saw them, Henry would ask, "How's our boy?"
This morning he entered heaven. I hope Jason was in the throng of those who met him at the gate. Henry doesn't have to ask the question any longer. He now knows that "our boy" is perfect as Henry is perfect.
I know this holiday season will be a blurr for his family. Phyllis died on Dec.
19th. I truthfully don't remember that Christmas very well. Soon they will be able to fondly remember Henry in his heathy years. My prayer is that the family will find peace in this time of loss.

No comments: