Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Unexpected Blessing

I learned a valuable lesson today about unmerited favor. I went to my Ardmore class, left the house at 7:30 and arrived about 15 minutes before class was to start. I was tired already and dreading the fact that I would be doing this every Monday and Tuesday the entire month of July. When I got there, I found that there were only 4 students in the class. One drives two hours, I drove and hour and 45 minutes, the professor drove from east of Norman and two ladies were from Plainview, outside of Ardmore. Well, she gave us our syllabus, explained everything, and then told us we would meet once in two weeks and again in four weeks. What a thrill--a gift that was completely unexpected. Something that I was dreading is not going to happen. I have quite a bit of work to do for the class, but instead of being on the road eight hours each week, I can spend those eight hours in front of the computer doing the assignments that I would have had to do anyway.
July is going to be the first full month I have had off in at least five years because I have either gone to summer school or taught summer school. I'm going to cherish each day, and if I start griping about my class, I want someone to remind me that it could be much worse. Accountability partners out there, hold me to it.

No comments: