Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thank you for the Rain

It rained here this morning. I don't have any idea how much, but it rained. I learned something about myself a couple of years ago when we had an extended drought. I need rain. It doesn't matter that we have plenty of water; I don't breathe well when everything is dry and cracked. When I woke up this morning, I heard a familiar little ping, ping on the vent over our air conditioner. It sounded so good, I wanted to stay in bed and just listen to it. I guess it was a hit and miss rain because on my way to church, it was obvious that not everyone got the rain.
Why is it that I can water my flowers and vegetables daily, and it isn't as effective as a little rain from above. Could it be because the rain comes from the creator of the flowers and vegetables?
We had a video this morning in church from a guy in Simi Valley, California. His sermon was about the power of the Creator. He made a couple of really funny statements that are so obvious that we shouldn't have to be reminded. God is the Creator, and He can do what he wants. We can't create anything, no matter how hard we try. Then he quoted an old preacher who continued that by saying, "It is God's Universe, He can do what he wants; You may think you know a better way, but you don't have a universe." I have so many times thought I had some control of my life only to find that God is in ontrol; I have questions for Him, but I don't have to have the answers while I'm here on earth. All will be clear someday.

No comments: