Thursday, February 5, 2009

Too tired to think

This week has been a trying one. Tony's Aunt Polly has returned to her home after a month in the hospital and rehab, so we have spent every evening getting her house ready for her and taking turns staying with her in the evenings. I have not written in this blog because my brain is mush by the time I get home.
There is a very good reason I am not a nurse. Getting medicines in order, breathing treatments, scheduling home health, preparing heart healthy meals--I get so stressed. I work hard all day long teaching school, but if I make a mistake, I don't do physical harm to someone.
I'm thankful for all of the people who have been taking care of her while she has been in the hospital. They truly have a calling. Now it is up to us to help her get better. I hope we're up to the task.

No comments: