Saturday, February 28, 2009

March

I'm ready for spring. I get really tired of winter; truthfully I get tired of summer, too. I like living in a place that has all four seasons, but I'm ready for warmth and sunshine, flower beds, long evenings. Next week we start daylight savings time. I'm ready. It always takes me a couple of weeks to get used to the time change, but I like having the daylight after work instead of before work.
Jason's birthday is March 18th. I have a perpetual calendar that I have to change each month. I almost changed it today, but the idea of putting his birthday up bothered me, so I just put it off. Each "first" brings new emotions that shouldn't surprise me. I will be traveling back from snow skiing on his actual birthday which will be good for me but not necessarily good for my family. Tony and Allison will be at home, Carson will be coming back from skiing at a different resort. His grandmother and aunt will be here. I really wish we could manage to all be together to honor Jason the same way we have honored him since his birth. We always have a birthday dinner either at a restaurant or at home. I have a couple of weeks to figure out how to get through that day. I will be with Cindy, Mel, Janna and her kids on the way back from Colorado, so we will do something to honor him. I will do what I always do on my kids' birthdays; I will thank God that He gave this child to me.

No comments: