Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rest In Peace-NO WAY

This is a totally random thought that has come to me recently. Many times I see RIP as a comment concerning someone's death. After Jason died, I saw it many times on comments from his friends and family members. I have never really thought about this statement before now, but I don't really like the idea of Rest in Peace. It implies that someone is either at rest or unsettled. Jason is not resting; he is living. He is more alive than I am because I am in a body that will die; he is in his immortal state. He is not resting; he is up and doing. Doing what? I don't know that, but I do believe he is doing the things he loved doing here. I hope he is spending time with family, riding horses, visiting, teasing. He did that better than anyone. We know that he is worshipping God every minute.
Jason and my sister had a special bond; I like to think about them spending time together laughing and teasing as they did here.
When he was about three, Phyllis bought her first house. She had a Genie garage door opener that she would make a big deal about opening when he was with her. She would say magic words to make the door open and pretend that she has powers that he was very impressed with. One day she asked him if his Granny Violet had magical powers too, and he said, "No, she has a Genie."
I feel so fortunate to have had both my sisters and my son in my life. I had wonderful, loving parents--a statement many people can't make. I miss them all, but it helps me to think about all of them being together in heaven.
One time Phyllis kept Carson for a few days when he was about 13 months old. When I got back, he wouldn't have anything to do with me. She was tickled to death that he clung to her and ignored me. I wonder if Jason will do that to me when I get to heaven.

No comments: