Sunday, January 4, 2009

Interesting Day

Today has been an interesting day for me. I went to Sunday School and church at my church. The girl who has been teaching my class woke up sick this morning, so I had to wing-it with a lesson. My class had an interesting discussion about my current reading--The Shack. It is the most healing book I have read since Jason's death. The strange thing is that it is a work of fiction. I have been reading grief books, and books about heaven. They have helped, but this one has addressed some anger issues that I didn't even realize I had.
My preacher began a series about the current Worldview. I am so blessed to have a preacher who expects me to think. He taught a difficult lesson while challenging us to live for Jesus. The music was fantastic. After church in Harrah I hurried to Lifechurch to see my nieces be baptized. Because they did the baptism first, I wasn't there in time to see the baptism, but I did stay for church and go out to lunch with them after. Rejoicing in heaven and on earth for two little girls whose hearts now belong to Jesus.
I received a call this evening from my cousin's husband to tell my that one of my cousins died this weekend. He was younger than I am and has lived a very troubled life. So much heartache, but I have a feeling he was met at the gate by his parents, older brother, and my mom and her family. My mom's family was such an example of Christian living to me. They were of different denominations, but when they were together, you could feel the love of God. I owe so much to them.
Now I am facing the reality that vacation is over. I need to be grading the last of my papers and finishing my grades, but I have been goofing off for several hours.
I know when the alarm goes off in the morning I will not want to get up, bur I am ready to go back to school. I need the structure to keep my mind busy.

No comments: