Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life complete and forever

John 3:34-36
"The One that God sent speaks God's words. And don't think he rations out the Spirit in bits and pieces. The Father loves the Son extravagantly. He turned everything over to him so he could give it away--a lavish distribution of gifts. That is why whoever accepts and trusts the Son gets in on everything, life complete and forever. And that is also why the person who avoids and distrusts the Son is in the dark and doesn't see life. All he experiences of God is darkness, and an angry darkness at that."

I wish I could figure out a way to convince people to accept and trust the Son. They would in turn receive life complete and forever. Sometimes we focus so much on everlasting life that we forget about the completeness of a life dedicated to Jesus while we are here on this earth.
We need faith to survive this life. I can't imagine facing the losses I have faced without unwavering faith in God. My pain is real; my grief is sometimes overwhelming, but my faith gives me hope. All we have to do is look at stories throughout history. As long as we have hope, humans can survive.

No comments: