Sunday, March 28, 2010

Deer

Carson hit a deer last night and did some real damage to his truck. It seems to me that almost everyone I talk to has had an experience with a deer on the road. They are everywhere.
Now we have to go through the hassle of insurance, rental vehicle, cancelation, rates rising, blah, blah, blah. The funny thing is that it is more troubling to him than it is to his dad and me. I'm not saying it doesn't worry us because we have a high deductible, but we have learned what is important, and it is not money. Carson is safe; his truck can be fixed; that's all that concerns us.
That doesn't mean I slept well last night. My mind was racing through "worst case scenerios." What happens if his truck can't be fixed? What if they cancel us? What if they raise our rates? What if? What if? Those words aren't very comforting. My human fears and worries overtake me sometimes. This week I'll have to search scripture for the words that bring peace.
I have done what I can at this point. I have talked to the insurance company, given them permission to talk to Carson personally and assured him that all will be well. The rest is out of my hands. The rest is out of my hands. The rest is out of my hands.

No comments: