Thursday, March 18, 2010

Would have been

Today would have been Jason's 35th birthday. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I hate those words...would have been...should have been...he wasn't supposed to leave so soon.
I slept well last night which is rare for me. Since I had traveled home from skiing all day yesterday, I was pretty tired. I guess I need to completely exhaust myself so that I can sleep through the night. Tony and I went to Norman, had a wonderful lunch at Saltgrass, stopped in at Walmart to get fishing lures. Then I came home and got flowers ready for the cemetery. I'm keeping orange flowers out there all the time except at Christmas. Someday some OSU student of horticulture will create an orange poinsettia and then the silk flower makers will provide them so that I can keep orange out there year round.
Tony went fishing while I went to the cemetery. We handle things completely differently; I really get that. I came home and worked in my flower beds to get them ready for April. I just heard on the weather that we're going to get a huge snow this weekend. It's funny; I love snow on a mountain, but we've had plenty this year. I'm ready for spring, real spring. Tony blamed the fact that the ponds were too full on his not catching fish earlier. That's a first.
Tomorrow Carson and Nick are coming out to fish, watch OSU basketball, and of course, eat dinner with us. That will be a perfect end to a nice break from school. Monday we start that final eight weeks of school. These weeks go so fast because of end-of-instruction testing, research papers, and all the spring activities.
This has been a rambling post, but that's the way my mind is working today. Every thought is of Jason. He was such a blessing to me from 35 years ago today to the very end.

No comments: