Thursday, October 8, 2009

Patterns.

I've been very busy this week, and I started getting sick Monday. I stayed home Tuesday holding my breath that I was getting the flu because I had such a miserable evening and night Monday. I guess I just have a cold because I no longer have fever, so I went back to school Wed. These past couple of weeks I have been reading the posts from the first of this blog. This time last year, I was doing the exact same thing I did tonight. I made out a final tonight to give tomorrow; that's what I did last year. I don't have a very exciting life, do I?
Sometimes I have to remind myself that the students I have are doing these things for the first time. I may have read a piece of literature several times, but they are reading it for the first time. If they don't quite understand all the ins and outs of something that seems so simple to me, its my job to bring them along.

Today Ruth (one of my co-workers who retired a couple of years ag0) brought lunch for our lunch bunch. It was so nice to see her and visit with her at lunch. It made me think about the changes in our school staff over the time I have been here. I am amazed that it is time for me to be one of the people moving on to something new. I guess I am afraid of what change might bring. I am comfortable with the way things are, but I would like very much to try my luck at helping secondary readers.
I have some kids in class right now that I think I could help if I didn't have such large classes. True helps comes to students in one-on-one or very small group situations.
I'm again asking for prayer that I will know when the right time is to do something new, to start a new pattern in my life.

No comments: