Saturday, September 5, 2009

Are you ready for some football?

Tecumseh beat Noble last night 21-20, Go Savages!!!
The college season starts today, so here's today's schedule. Tony is on the golf course right now; I'm home stalling on my housework by playing on facebook, and reading and writing. I will finish the housework, go to the grocery and farmer's market, and then come home for a great day of tv football and food. I only watch two games. Tony, on the other hand, will watch as many as he can flip through the channels to keep up with. OSU has a 2:00 kickoff against Georgia Bulldogs; OU plays BYU at 6:00. Would I rather be at the games? Yes, but my husband is not a crowd person, so this is our compromise. We had season tickets for OSU for a few seasons when Carson was at South Rock Creek, but after he started playing high school football, it was hard to make sure we could go to the games. We were either too tired, or Carson was too sore, so we just started making Saturdays in the fall "stay at home and watch and eat something good" days.
I do plan for us to go to the OSU/Rice game on the 19th. That will be the weekend anniversary of Jason's death, so I want us to all be together to get through the weekend. I can't think of a better way to honor and remember Jason than to attend a Cowboys game.
We will probably cook at Carson's since he lives close to campus and just enjoy the gameday atmosphere in Stillwater. There's nothing like it.
I'm really missing Jason right now. He probably wouldn't have been here, but he would have called all day and texted all during the game. I wish they had cell phones in heaven. I would really like to talk to him right now. I've wondered if I would ever forget what he sounded like, but I don't have to worry about that. Carson sounds just like him on the phone. I never told them this, but for the last few years I've had to get into the conversation with them a little ways before I was sure who I was talking to. They both started every conversation with "Mom,..... What're you doing?"
I'll just sign off with "Go Pokes" from the entire Tony Humphrey family-all five of us.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Yea for the T-town win! That is exciting.
I think the OSU game will be the perfect way to honor Jason!
Praying for you!