Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend unwind

Sunday nights are stressful. I have so much to think about for the week to come, things to do that didn't finish yesterday, and here I am typing and playing on the computer.
The sermon series at church has been about being Transformed by Jesus. Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn't had an encounter with Jesus as a young person. I made enough mistakes and strayed from God's plan on my own, but what if I hadn't had the Holy Spirit to bring me back to Him.
I have many regrets in life, but I can honestly look back and realize that God has been with me in all my "Silly Seasons."
I have my mom to thank for equipping me by taking me to church, teaching me to be a woman of faith. My mom never had her faith challenged as I have by the death of a child, but I watched her handle life with grace and faith. She certainly had plenty of heartache and worry, but she didn't lose her faith in God because she too had been transformed by her relationship with Jesus.
Jimmy said today that it is the Holy Spirit that calls others to be saved. I wish I could do it for them; the transforming power of God is available--free of charge.

No comments: