Thursday, April 23, 2009

Interesting experience

I haven't posted in a while because I felt like I was rehashing the same topics day after day. Lately I have had some people ask me why I have stopped writing and encourage me to post something, so here goes.
I went to the acupuncturist today because I have been experiencing pain in my hands. I don't like to take medicine, so I thought I would try an alternative. I'm not going to say that it was pain free, but the pain kind of felt good. I'm sure that doesn't make sense, but she said that was a common response.
She spent almost two and a half hours with me, asking questions about every part of my life including my emotional health. She worked on my back, legs, arms, and hands. When she placed a needle in certain places, it really hurt for a few seconds, then I wouldn't feel it for awhile. She would come in and move the needles around, and I would feel the pain again, for a few seconds. Some of the needles didn't hurt at all. She said we wanted them to hurt a little; that meant they were in the spot they needed to be in. It's too early to tell if this will help yet, but I'm willing to give it a try. I hate to take medicine.
Some of the points she treated on my back were for depression. Fascinating.
She asked me about my sleep patterns. I told her that I had no trouble going to sleep, but I wake up between 3 and 4 many nights. She said that from 3 to 5 is connected to grief times.
I have been taking an anti-depressant for about a month. I don't like taking it, but it does help me not be so weepy. Before I started taking it, I would sometimes cry at very inopportune times.
We still do not have a headstone. I called two weeks ago to ask about it and was told that the stone was in, but the engraving hasn't been done yet. They thought about two weeks which means it will probably be ready soon. I'm ready to cross that bridge. I know it will be excrutiating to see his name carved in stone, but I hate seeing the empty place at the cemetary right now.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: