Friday, January 29, 2010

What I learned from my walk in the snow.

I just walked down to meet Cindy, my sister-in-law, to go for a two-mile walk with her.

Here's what I learned:
1. When you have a heavy ski coat, don't wear too many layers under it. I had to stop and take the liner our of my coat because I got too hot.
2. The new cheap ski gloves that I bought at Christmas are warm, but they are too bulky. I will have to buy better ones before Spring Break.
3. My ski pants are a little snug--must lose some weight before Spring Break.
4. Merrell gripper snow shoes rock. I never slipped once.
5. Walking to Cindy's was more difficult than walking from Cindy's because the snow was hitting me in the face on the way there.
6. I should have left my glasses at home. They were fogged over, and I had to take them off very quickly so that I could see.
7. I always carry bottled water with me when I ski. I thought it was to prevent altitude sickness, but I should have taken it with me. I got really thirsty.
8. Cindy's little dog doesn't like to wear a sweater, but he shivers and likes to be carried.
9. Walking up the driveway to the smell of grilled chicken is really nice.
10. When you burn some calories, lunch tastes better, and the pound cake, strawberries, chocolate dessert doesn't make you feel so stuffed.
11. Bundle up, go outside, take your cell phone, if you must, wear a helmet,be careful, but you will really enjoy God's creation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are too cute debbie! thanks for the pointers!