Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A letter to Jason

These last few days I have been missing Jason so much. I know what has triggered my thoughts of him. I have heard several pieces of information that has caused me to want to call him and share them with him. Life is continuing here, and his friends are having babies and living life. I still get a little sad when I hear about these things, and that makes me ashamed of myself. Now I'm going to write him a letter because I need to fill him in on the happenings of the past week. Maybe doing this will help me focus on the jobs at hand. I rejoice that his friends are enjoying the lives they have, so I'm going to fill Jason in.

Dear Jason,
I know that where you are you do not need a letter from me to tell you of the joy and sadness that we experience here on this planet, but I'm going to tell you anyway.
First, Mr. Blue is doing very well since his return from Korea for cancer treatment.
We're all so thankful.
Jill and Destry had their baby Friday afternoon, a little girl Destynee Jillian. She had a little trouble breathing at first, had to be intubated, but she is doing much better now. I just read that Jill and Destry are going home to see Tanner and Alycen and are heartsick about leaving Destynee in the hospital. That's a tough one.
The big news, Shawn delivered his baby Saturday morning at 1:00 AM on Hefner Parkway. They were on their way to Mercy, but just before they got there, he had to pull over and deliver little Jet Walker Jeffcoat. Shawn might be in a little trouble because he was posting from Cleveland, OK at 10:00 from the ballgame. I haven't talked to them, so I don't know how close she was to her due date, but I'm sure Friday night and Saturday morning were somewhat tense at the Jeffcoat house.
They came home from the hospital Monday. Oh yeah, from everything I have heard, they were expecting this one to be a girl. I guess all these gadgets we have here aren't that foolproof. Jet Walker is boy number four.
Mr. Capps is not doing very well. The family is getting Hospice help, so I know he must be really bad. He turned in his retirement request to the board meeting last night. It makes me so sad. We should be celebrating his retirement, but we can't. I'm so glad that we made him a T shirt quilt out of old Tecumseh Savage T shirts and were able to give it to him when he could use it.
Heather Harwell's mother has been in ICU for over a week. She is on a ventilator, and Ellen and Bill are staying with her. I know Ellen is really missing Heather right now. She is having to shoulder the entire responsibility. I remember being in that situation with mom, but I had Phyllis, Linda, Butch and Peggy and Gary and Kathy to help. I hope they can take the vent off soon. I haven't seen Carol in years, but she has always been so full of life. Not being able to communicate must be horrible for her. She wrote us the sweetest note after you died and said the same thing I am experiencing. When she heard of your wreck, she immediately wanted to call Heather. Then she realized Heather already knew.
Bob Trousdale's cancer is also very advanced. He has been told that there is nothing more that can be done for him. This too makes me sad, but I saw on Facebook (I so wish that you and I had gotten on Facebook that last year you lived in Nebraska; nobody is out-of-range.) Bob is doing an interview for his church about traveling a difficult road with faith. Bob certainly has faith that carries over to all of us.
OK, enough bad news. Carson's 22nd birthday is tomorrow. I know that would bother you. I remember when Kirby turned 21, you said that you didn't like those little boys becoming adults. We'll all meet in the city tomorrow night to eat. Those dinners are always a little bittersweet. We miss you most on those occasions.
You don't know this, but Aaron has married a very nice girl, Jennifer, who has four kids. With his two, her four, and the one they are expecting, they will have seven children. Sherri is already stressed about buying Christmas. Oh yea, the one they are expecting is another girl. I think two of Jennifer's kids are boys, so Aaron will always have someone to hunt with. Sherri really likes this girl.
Dennis and Kristen have two beautiful little girls. The youngest is just a month or so old. Terrye and I are friends on facebook, so I've seen pictures. So cute. Kristen has taken off to be home with them.
This is all that I can think of that I have wanted to call you about except, of course, Cowboy football. Your Cowboys are playing very well. You would be proud.
We all love you and miss you. I'd give anything for one of those long talks you and I used to have. Sorry to have to share so much sad news, but keeping it all in has been killing me. I guess there is a filter between here and heaven, so you won't get to read the bad news anyway. There may be some familiar faces for you to meet in the next few weeks. Keep an eye on the gate.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Bittersweet.
This is also news we didn't know about.