Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another American tragedy.

We've had another senseless shooting spree in America; this time on an Army base. I can't imagine the pain the families of the soldiers are experiencing. If their loved one was home from the Middle East, they probably breathed a sigh of relief when they touched down in Texas. If they were deploying, they probably felt they were save while on American soil. What an ultimate betrayal, to have your soldier murdered by a fellow soldier. I know we always have occasions of friendly fire but not anything like this.
Now the debate has turned to religion. The shooter was Muslim everyone says. I say the shooter was mentally ill. We've had plenty of people who claimed Christianity do abhorrent things, not because they were Christian, but because they were crazy.
One of the best things Christians can do now is to pray for the victims' families, pray for those wounded, and pray that this doesn't add fuel to the fire that is always about to flare between Christians and Muslims.
I am a Christian, but I'm not afraid of American Muslims. You may think I am stupid, but if I am truly thinking that Jesus loves everyone, I should try to be an example of Jesus' love to everyone.
Blaming all who belong to the nation of Islam for this tragedy is like blaming all the Christians for the actions of the KKK. The radicals of all religions do not reflect the majority. They just get the attention.

No comments: