Sunday, September 4, 2011

Another deposit in heaven

Tecumseh made another deposit in heaven today. Natalie Wood O'Dell went to heaven about 6:00 leaving behind her two daughters and precious grandchildren, her parents, nieces, and many, many friends. Natalie was only 49 years old and Cancer stole her from us. We have worked together on Relay where Natalie was in charge of the Survivor dinner. She wanted so much to live, and she was such a positive survivor. When the cancer came back, she fought once again, but she just couldn't beat the demonic disease.
Jason liked Natalie. Her nieces were his good friends, and she was always at ag events and ballgames, supporting him and his friends.
Natalie had a great laugh. She will be remembered for that laugh--evidence of her love of life. She loved Jesus and her family. She shouldn't be gone; she joins so many who have entered heaven too soon from our perspective. If Jason didn't immediately know she was in heaven, she probably laughed at something Jesus said, and Jason heard her and came running to show her around. I'm a little jealous. I can imagine Jason meeting her with a smile, a tease, and pride. He's probably saying, "Come on, you've got to see this place. Let me show you my horse. He's better than any I ever owned down there."
My heart aches for Kirby, Kayla, Brandy, and Jennie. They all love her so much. Her grandbabies have been cheated. I've said it before, and I'll repeat it. I Hate Cancer!!

No comments: