Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Changes--that seems to be the pattern life is in for me, my family, and my friends right now. This summer I have had to accept some changes that I'm not ready to accept, and I've rejoiced in some of the changes that I have hoped and prayed for that are finally coming to pass.
At school--Toni, one of my closest friends, resigned to take a job with the American Cancer Society. I know, it's noble work, but I really enjoyed being in the THS foxhole with her. The last few years our entire faculty has changed. Retirement, leave of absence, relocation, and death has taken several of my dear friends that I worked with for many years. Facebook has allowed many of us to stay in touch, so it's not so tough as it could be, but I miss them. I dearly love the people who have been hired to take their places though. I guess there's a lesson there for all of us.
At church--our pastor resigned last week. I'm not going to say it was a complete shock because I've suspected it was coming for a few weeks, but I'm very sad. I'm sad because he is an excellent preacher, and I enjoy excellent sermons. I'm always sad when we have to go through the process of finding a new pastor. It's a trying time for any church. I have every confidence that the men who are on the search committee will be wise in choosing the man God has in mind for us, but I'm impatient; I hate the unknown. The church has only had three pastors in its history, and all have stayed for several years, so I'm sure the right man will be in the pulpit soon.
At home--this is the answer to prayer. Allison is moving back home for a while because she has taken a job with ATT. She will be working in Seminole at the ATT store. If anyone reading this is ready for and upgrade, wait a month so that she can sell you a phone. She is in St. Louis right now for training. I can't tell you how happy I am for her. The added bonus is that I get to keep her dog Lady while she's gone. She may be the sweetest dog in the history of all dogs.
I'm taking a Beth Moore Bible study this summer called Believing God. That's what I'm doing right now. I'm believing God that all the changes in my life are for good. Some are easy for me to see the good, but others not so much. I'm believing God.

No comments: