Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New music

I bought a cd last week that has become my new favorite. The singer/songwriter is JJ Heller. On itunes she's listed as folk, but her lyrics are Christian. One line that stands out to me is in the last song. "Hope keeps me holding on to You; Grace means You're holding me too." Isn't that a comforting thought? No matter what we face, we can hold tight to the creator of the universe, and He holds us too.
It seems to me that lately so many of us are having to face such hardships. Daily someone tells me of someone that needs our prayers, and the requests are not for minor issues. Sickness....tornado...oil spill...war...joblessness..the list goes on. All I can recommend is to hold on to Hope. Some situations seem bleak, hopeless, unconquerable, but people of faith remain hopeful. That's what we do.

No comments: