Saturday, November 27, 2010

Trash talking

I have an aversion to trash talking. Why? I'm not a trash talker, so I don't want people to talk trash to me. I think I'm going to create a line of tshirts and hats that say. I'm a __________(you can put any team name in here)fan-with a big ghostbusters sign over a trashcan. I think I might be able to sell them to many, many people. I can't be the only person who feels this way. If you see the people around you at a ballgame wearing that shirt, you know that they will be nice to you, they will cheer for their own team, they might yell at a referee, but they will not be unsportsmanlike to the opponents.
It probably comes from eighteen years of being a cheerleading sponsor/coach. I wouldn't let my cheerleaders do those UGLY cheers; you know the ones that put down the opponents. I guess that way of thinking permeated my brain.
One of the reasons I hate it so is that it brings out the very worst in people (me). People that I love and agree with on almost every other important issue in life can make an ugly comment about a team I like, and all of the sudden, my mind is working hard to come up with a comeback. I can tell you that my comebacks are usually pretty good, but no one will ever know that because I keep them to myself.
Now, if you buy one of my shirts and I hear that you are talking trash, your shirt will be revoked without a refund.

No comments: